A study of Facebook usage in Singapore by social media marketing firm Rock Publicity projected that more than two-thirds of the country’s population will use the social network by 2013, and average usage levels will increase.
Findings from the study by Rock Publicity include:
- There were 3,220,500 Facebook users in Singapore in 2012, or 62.2 percent of the country’s total population, and that figure will rise to 3,499,490 (67.5 percent) in 2013.
- More than three-quarters (76.9 percent) of Singaporeans with household Internet access were Facebook users in 2012.
- Singapore Facebook users averaged 19.6 hours of active use per month on the social network in 2012, and 47.5 hours logged in per month, and Rock Publicity sees those monthly averages rising in 2013 to 20.7 hours and 50.1 hours, respectively.
- Singaporeans on Facebook averaged 37.9 minutes per session in 2012, which will rise slightly to 38.1 minutes in 2013.
- Facebook users in Singapore averaged 18.7 status updates per month in 2012, and that figure will reach 20.3 in 2013.
- The average number of friends for Singapore Facebook users in 2012 was 319.5, which is forecast to jump to 372 next year.
- Singaporeans on Facebook averaged 37 likes per month in 2012, and they will up that number to 39.1 in 2013.
- In terms of shares per month, Rock Publicity sees the 2012 average of 22.6 leaping to 30.1 next year.
- 64.4 percent of Facebook users in Singapore accessed the social network via mobile devices in 2012, and that total will jump to 77.1 percent in 2013.
Readers: Did any of the findings by Rock Publicity surprise you?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.