Salesforce brands paid media offering as Social.com
Salesforce.com today introduced Social.com, a social advertising application to create and optimize social ad campaigns at scale. Salesforce has Facebook and Twitter Ads API access through its acquisition of Buddy Media, which had previously acquired ad platform Brighter Option. The new Social.com brand is the advertising arm of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, which includes page management and app platform Buddy Media and listening tool Radian6. Salesforce is one of Facebook’s 12 Strategic Preferred Marketing Developers.
Nanigans closes $5.8M Series A.1
Facebook ads company Nanigans this week announced that it has secured $5.8 million in funding from a Series A.1 round led by Avalon Ventures. The company, one of Facebook’s sPMDs, focuses on optimizing campaigns for lifetime value through its Ad Engine product. Its largest clients are in the gaming and e-commerce space, which are also among the highest spending verticals on the social network. Previously, Nanigans raised $3.1 million from Avalon in 2011. The latest funding deal closed last week, but the Boston-based company held off on announcing the news after bombings in the city. Some of Nanigans’ own employees participated in the Boston Marathon, but were not hurt by the attacks.
HelloSocial launches promotions platform
Canadian startup Hello Social this week introduced its social marketing platform and API for companies to create and manage social promotions on the web and mobile. For now, only photo contest promotions are available through the platform, but a caption contest is on the way. The company charges $199 per campaign plus $4.99 per day.
Social marketing platform Offerpop made a number of new hires in recent weeks, picking up employees for its sales, development and account management teams.
- Greg Schept, Business Development Representative – recent graduate of the University of Southern California
- Brad Anderson, Sales Director – former Sales Director at Extole, Inc.
- Glenn Siegman, Sr Developer – former Senior Open Source Software Engineer at DealerTrack
- Debalina Gupta, QA Lead – former QA and Content Analyst at My City Way
- Clyde Lingfelter, DevOps Lead – former Software Engineer at Google
- Rob Statsky, Lead Strategist – former Product Manager at HarperCollins Publishers
- Brett Hornby, Account Executive – former Account Development Representative at Reval
- James Ells, Account Executive – former Account Manager at Experian QAS
- Kashem Miah, Lead Strategist – former Media Supervisor at LBi
- Noah Levine, Account Executive – former Account Executive at Indeed.com
- Courtney Packard, Account Executive – former Account Executive at Indeed.com