The new products introduced by Parse were:
- Background jobs: Developers can now schedule recurring tasks, such as sending emails to users of their apps, within the Parse dashboard, allowing Parse to boost its server power to handle jobs scheduled for specific times.
- Analytics: Parse’s new analytics tool provides developers with a single dashboard containing information on app usage, effectiveness of push campaigns, and data point tracking.
- Unity: As previously announced, Parse developers can now use Parse to build Unity games for iOS, Android, and Windows.
- New user modules: App developers can now create and manage seamless login and logout experiences for users.
- New image modules: Developers can crop and resize images with a few lines of code.
Parse also announced that 100 percent of the proceeds from ticket sales to Thursday’s event, more than $20,000, will be donated to CodeNow to help teach high-school students coding basics, with a special focus on girls, minorities, and underrepresented groups.
Developers: Do any of these new features excite you?