The 85th Annual Academy Awards, celebrating the top movies of the year, were a hot topic on Facebook Sunday night, but the awards ceremony was also popular on Facebook-owned photo-sharing site Instagram. Ben Affleck, who directed best picture-winning Argo, joined Instagram that day and quickly gained more than 5,000 followers.
Facebook grouped together some of the most popular Instagram posts from Oscar night, including Affleck getting his award engraved: http://instagram.
- Photo of the card announcing the tie: http://instagram.com/p/
- Anne Hathaway waits to watch Adele’s performance before giving interviews after her win: http://instagram.com/p/
- Adele signs the winners poster for 2013 Academy Awards: http://instagram.com/
- Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron hug after their opening dance: http://instagram.com/p/
- Wolfgang Puck shares a photo from before the red carpet (via @BonAppetitMag takeover): http://instagram.com/p/WITWEODfkI/
- Disney director/animator John Kahrs (Paperman) decides between bow-ties: http://instagram.com/p/WH9Fzbw5E8/
- Jennifer Hudson and her sister head out to the red carpet: http://instagram.com/p/WIewBwuEnG/
- Stylist Jillian Dempsey shares a final shot of Jennifer Lawrence’s makeup before her debut: http://instagram.com/p/WIi47lstrh/
- Ryan Seacrest nabs a shot of one of the many technicians: http://instagram.com/p/WIUYWUlWQv/
- Los Angeles Instagrammer Sharon Kim, taking photos for @dolbylabs, gets a wave from Catherine Zeta-Jones: http://instagram.com/p/WIj8kbAMVF/
- One of the engineers shares a shot of the stage before the show begins: http://instagram.com/p/WIppmzIA2N/
- Academy employee Ben Gleib grabs a shot of Seth MacFarlane and the set during the opening: http://instagram.com/p/WI-1bswUu5
Readers: Did you post any Oscar-related photos to Instagram last night?