Hiring in the social games sector was down slightly this week with 16 new hires across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with five new hires. The highest profile hire of the week was Jeff Karp, who joins GSN as Executive Vice President, Mobile & Social Games. Karp recently left his position at Zynga, where he was executive vice president, chief revenue & marketing officer.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Kathryn Ficarra, Director of Marketing, Acquisition Team — Ficarra was local sales Manager at KIRO TV.
- Owen Convey, Senior Server Engineer — Convey was previously java developer at William Hill.
- Kent Reimer, Artist — Reimer was concept designer at Microsoft Game Studios.
- Brandon Adams, Developer — Adams was a flex developer at Fanklin Covey before joining Funium.
- Céline Navarro, Service client francophone — Navarro was formerly an assistante de production at K2 production.
- Jeff Karp, Executive Vice President, Mobile & Social Games — Karp comes to GSN Digital from Zynga, where he was executive vice president, chief revenue & marketing officer.
- Frank Tinsley, Unity Developer — Tinsley was lead unity developer at Everland Media.
- Jitsupa Piyadit, Game project assistant — Piyadit was formerly accounting program trainer at A++ Software Company.
- Eliot Min, Artist — Min was an illustrator at 38 Studios.
- Brian Kahrs,VP of product — Kahrs comes to SGN from Zynga where he was product manager.
- Katherine Gunderson, Business Manager — Gunderson was previously Manager, Global Pricing at Big Fish Games.
- Kitty Hughes, Associate Game Designer — Hughes worked as a content designer at Big Huge Games.
- Noam Korin, Media Director, Europe — Korin was a managing director at inPlay Media.
- Rob Kopp, Software Engineer — Kopp was previously an intern at the company.
- Celin Xiao, Sr. UX Designer — Xiao was worked as UI planning leader at Motorola Mobility.
- Ying Liu, Character Artist — Liu was 3D character artist at A Bit Lucky, Inc.