Hiring in the social gaming industry was down slightly this week, with eight companies reporting 14 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with five hires.
As for high profile hires, this week Zynga announced it had hired RockYou’s former SVP/general manager Julie Shumaker as its head of North American sales. More coverage of that hire can be found here.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Arnav Patra, Software Engineer — Patra was a senior software engineer at Accolite before joining Disney Playdom.
- Molli Kreuser, Player Experience – Kreuser was previously a community manager and customer service rep at Blue Noodle Inc.
- Patrik Lindegrén, Game Developer – Lindegrén was formerly a game developer at Fabrication Games.
- Alexander Davis, QA Tester — Davis was a music department Intern at Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.
- Kathy Li, Mobile Client Engineer — A single hire for Plumbee. Li was a lead game engineer at Yoink Games before joining Plumbee.
- Marina Sirota, DBA & Database Architect — A trio of hires at Progame. Sirota was previously a database architect at Playtech.
- Yan Lindvor, Senior Programmer — Lindvor comes to Progame from Matrix, where he was also a senior programmer.
- Roman Rozanov, Online Game Designer — Rozanov was formerly a designer at Y&R Interactive.
- Faruk Tarınç, Senior Artist — Tarınç was previously a concept artist-illustrator at Ulkutay Design
- Felix Manojh, Associate Product Manager — Five hires for Zynga this week. First up is Manojh. He was formerly a software engineer at Manhattan Associates.
- Coty Goodwin, UI Designer – Next up is Goodwin. She was previously a web & mobile illustrator at Toy Studio.
- Daniel Chou, Sr. Concept Artist — Chou was a senior artist at WMS Gaming before joining Zynga.
- Garrett Breaux, QA Engineer — Breaux comes from EA, where he was QA tester.
- Tracy Rainsbury, Studio Assistant — Finally Rainsbury, who joins the Zynga team as a studio assistant.