Hiring in the social gaming industry was steady this week, with eight companies reporting 10 new employees. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources Zynga showed the most activity this week with three hires. The biggest moves were at Loot Drop, where former Zynga employee Erin Hoffman came on as lead game designer, and Zynga, where Kevin Paskowski was promoted to a director level position.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jim Wagner, Community Manager – Vancouver based East Side Games begins our hiring roundup this week with a single hire. Wager was previously a video producer and marketing specialist at Hothead Games.
- Marina Goncharova, Senior Game Producer – Game Insight makes a rare appearance on our hires list this week. Goncharova was formerly the head of web division/digital producer at Noviy Disk.
- Erin Hoffman, Lead Game Designer - Loot Drop adds Hoffman as lead game designer. She previously worked at Zynga as a lead systems designer.
- Matthew Hokanson, PHP Engineer - Kixeye returns to our hiring roundup for the second week in a row with the acquisition of Hokanson, who was previously a software engineer at Radical Fusion.
- Bryan Diggs, Artist - Playdom brings on Diggs from UTV Ignition Entertainment, where he was also an artist.
- Oran Almog, Graphic Designer – Playtika makes a rare appearance on our hiring roundup this week. Almog was a designer at DMNT before making the jump to Playtika.
- Paolo Maninetti, Game Programmer - EA PopCap brings on Maninetti from Milestone S.R.L, where he was also a game programmer.
- Kevin Paskowski, Director of Outsourcing/Art Coordinator – Zynga makes three moves this week. Paskowski gets a promotion to director of outsourcing/art coordinator. He was previously a 2D/3D artist and 3D outsourcing lead for Mafia Wars 2 at Zynga.
- Joey Knight, Quality Assurance – Knight moves from a quality assurance position at ArenaNet.
- JiHwan Jung, Animator - Finally, Jung was an animation apprentice at Rhythm & Hues.