It has been a fairly active week of new hires among mobile developers, according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. That said, while nine developers brought on new team members, the majority only hired one to two new individuals, with the only exception being Gameloft. Despite the low number of hires per company, the past seven days did shed light on two major hires from Booyah and Loopt. The former brings on Jason Willig as its new chief operating officer, while the latter has hired Susan Doherty as their new vice president of marketing.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Silvio Janušić, Quality Assurance Tester — There is a single hire for Big Blue Bubble this week. Janušić was most recently a lead specialist at Tisak d.d.
- Jason Willig, Chief Operating Officer– As noted already, Jason Willig joins social and mobile developer Booyah this week. Before this, he was COO of Electronic Art’s Hasbro business division.
- Gregor Czaykowski, Junior UI Artist — Joining Gameloft this week, Czaykowski was most recently a student at the Media Design School.
- Constantin Teslenko, Game Producer — Also now at Gameloft, Teslenko was previously a lead manager at Matreshka.
- Julian Lalu, Video Game Developer — Lalu was previously part of the Eleve Campus Ubisoft 2010 at Université de Sherbrooke.
- Tony Nguyen, Game Producer — Nguyen was formerly a customer service representative at Wells Fargo Bank.
- Derek O’Neill, Level Designer — Now a part of Gameloft, O’Neill was president at game development club at UOIT.
- Cliff Kamarga, Junior Game Designer — Kamarga was previously an intern for lead and content design at N3V Games Pty. Ltd.
- Asif Shaikh, Programmer — Shaikh was most recently a game programmer for TECMO KOEI GAMES.
- Papblo Gil París, 2D Artist — París was previously a 2D artist for Virtual Toys.
- Rupa Satrasala, Technical Lead — There is a single hire for InMobi this week: Satrasala was previously an associate software engineer for Avaya.
- Susan Doherty, Vice President of Marketing — As noted prior, Susan Doherty joins Loopt this week. She was previously the chief marketing officer at Wowd.
- John Flood, Account Executive, East Coast, Brands & Agencies — Joining Medialets, Flood was formerly an account manager for The Street.
- Brittney Summers, Sales Planner — Also joining Medialets this week, Summers was most recently an inventory planner for ivillage.com at NBC Universal.
- Jeet Patel, Software Engineer — Now at ngmoco, Patel was an associate network engineer at Spectracom.
- Cecilia Wong, Junior Artist — Storm8 makes a new hire this week: Wong was previously a student at the Academy of Art University.