According to application security provider MyPermissions, more than 70 billion mobile apps will be downloaded in 2013, or 10 for every person on Earth. MyPermissions examined 10 million apps with access to Facebook and found the following risks for users who are not careful about managing permissions for those apps:
- 5.7 million of the apps access users’ media and files.
- 3.5 million can post on social networks under users’ names.
- 50,000 can access users’ email inboxes and all of their messages.
- 900,000 access users’ accounts 24/7.
- 60,000 can determine users’ exact locations.
- All of them access users’ basic information.
Readers: How carefully do you manage permissions for apps you have installed that connect with Facebook?