Facebook users who are job hunting might want to let themselves be known via BeKnown, a professional networking app for Facebook developed by Monster Worldwide and released today.
BeKnown is available in 19 languages at launch, and it lets users:
- create professional networks in a Monster environment without leaving Facebook;
- use the Monster-developed social referral program to share specific jobs through their BeKnown networks;
- invite contacts from other social networks; separate social activity from work-related activity;
- determine whether BeKnown contacts are connected with companies or job opportunities;
- and connect to Monster’s job search tools and their Monster profiles directly via the app.
Companies using BeKnown can:
- mine Facebook’s approximately 700 million users;
- create visible recruitment campaigns;
- extend their job-posting reach;
- expand engagement opportunities with passive job-seekers;
- and create recruiter and employee networks.
Monster Worldwide Global Chief information Officer and Head of Product Darko Dejanovic said:
BeKnown answers the need and challenge in the marketplace for people to build their professional networks on Facebook, while keeping personal and work-related contacts and content completely separate. An estimated 700 million people globally live their lives through Facebook, and 97 percent of the Fortune 500 companies turn to Monster to find talent. BeKnown now gives people and companies the ability to utilize that vast network for professional gain by tapping into the power of Monster and Facebook.
Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer Sal Iannuzzi added:
BeKnown is another extension of our commitment to meet the evolving needs of job seekers and employers by adding professional networking to their online recruitment, job search, and career management tool kit. Whether it’s through mobile apps, Career Ad Network, or the world’s largest social network, our mission is to connect people and job opportunities through any and all methods that produce meaningful results.
Job seekers: Do you feel comfortable using Facebook as part of your search?