Facebook continues to pursue engagement with the mobile developer community, announcing the launch of its Facebook Mobile DevCon 2013 series of “highly technical” gatherings, initially taking place in three cities in the coming weeks.
Facebook Mobile DevCon 2013 will be held in:
The social network offered more details about Facebook Mobile DevCon 2013 in a post on its developer blog:
To help you succeed, we’re inviting mobile developers around the world to spend the day with Facebook engineers and product managers at Facebook Mobile DevCon 2013.
You’ll hear about:
- How to implement our iOS, Android, and JS software-development kits to drive installs and engagement.
- How to best implement Facebook login to bring trusted, cross-platform identity to your applications.
- Best practices for using open graph to share rich and engaging stories back to Facebook.
- How to use Facebook to power engaging social, mobile games.
- Design tips and product best practices to increase user satisfaction.
- The tools, libraries, and techniques we at Facebook use to build our own iOS, Android, and mobile Web apps.
The day will be capped off with dinner and a chance to speak one-on-one with Facebook engineers and product managers to review your app and debug any integration issues.
This is a highly technical event — we’ll be deep in product and code — but if you’re at the sharp end of mobile development, we’d love to meet you there.
Developers: Will you try to attend one of the Facebook Mobile DevCon 2013 events?