Sister blog Inside Facebook had the scoop on the new features and bug fixes for both apps.
- Users can share larger photos.
- Users can delete individual messages from conversations.
- Users can switch between multiple conversations with in-app notifications.
- Users can include friends of friends in conversations.
- Users can see who is available when launching new conversations.
- The app features a new logo.
- Loading, navigating, and sending are quicker.
- Push notifications are more reliable.
And for Pages Manager, available for iOS:
- Page administrators can view and reply to direct messages on their pages.
- Page administrators can adjust the frequency of notifications.
- Page administrators can set which pages they wish to receive push notifications from, or pause notifications overnight.
- Facebook questions and events are now supported, with page administrators able to see answers to questions and guest lists for events, but not able to create events or post questions.
- Insights are now available for check-ins and links to pages’ photo albums.
Readers: Have you upgraded your apps yet?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.