Back in April we interviewed comedian Mark Malkoff as he embarked on his latest feat—to watch as many movies as he possibly could in a month on Netflix streaming to get as much out of his $7.99 subscription fee as possible. This morning he released a video documenting his “Netflix Challenge” on My Damn Channel.
All in all, Mark managed to watch 252 movies in 30 days. The 252 movies accounted for a total of 404.25 hours of streaming time (that’s almost 17 straight days of non-stop movie-watching!). A little number crunching reveals that Mark paid 3.2 cents per movie – I’d say that’s a pretty good deal.
A press release reveals some fun facts about Mark’s Netflix Challenge:
- Mark received over 500 Negflix film suggestions from fans on Twitter and Facebook
- During the first week of the project Mark didn’t leave his apartment for 155 hours straight!
- An estimated 29.4 hours of watching time was spent watching closing credits
- Mark gained 6 pounds while sitting and watching movies (looks like it’s time to go back on the 6-pack abs routine)
- On the last day of the challenge Mark watched 17 straight hours of films
Mark says, “Good thing there’s unlimited Netflix streaming. Otherwise I would have had to subscribe to the 252 disc-at-a-time plan.” To check out the complete list of films Mark watched, head over to his blog.
Are you subscribed to Netflix? What’s the most movies you’ve ever streamed in one month?
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.