Locowise studied 2,500 Instagram profiles throughout May and found that:
- Organic follower growth averaged 1.48 percent, compared with 0.2 percent for Facebook.
- Brands averaged 2.41 posts per day.
- 91.77 percent of all posts were photos.
- Only 8.23 percent of posts were videos, but they accounted for 11.6 percent of all comments.
- Organic engagement per post was 2.61 percent of the total audience, versus 0.55 percent for Facebook.
- Photos engage 2.69 percent of the total audience, while that number drops to 1.47 percent for videos.
- 97.2 percent of all engagements were hearts.
Readers: Did any of the findings by Locowise surprise you?