Facts, especially the kind of data shared by Owl, are really fun to keep in your head. They’re also really helpful if you play a lot of trivia. Consider this app your new training app for trivia, because these facts are fun and rare.
- Owl is a daily fact app that doesn’t suck. The facts are actually interesting, it’s beautifully designed, and simple.
- The facts are handpicked from reddit and all credit goes to their awesome users.
- Facts are front and center. To get the current day’s fact, just pull to refresh. Done.
- Sharing what you learned is easy. Tap and hold on a fact to share via Twitter or Facebook. You could also copy the fact or view the sources for it.
- In settings, you can schedule when you want to receive, or if you want to receive, a daily notification. You can also switch between the light or dark theme.
Developed by Veeral Patel. Patel got the idea for the app while drinking Snapple Lemon Tea: While most designers/developers relied on coffee to keep them awake, I relied on Snapple. The best part of this experience was reading the fact that came with it. However, most of the time, the fact was either a duplicate or not interesting. The main goal for Owl is to emulate this experience in a better way.
Owl is a free app, so if you like the daily facts, you should share them and appear very well-informed and generous!