The top 20 brands on Facebook boasted an average of 14,975,915 likes at the end of November and averaged 46 posts for the month, up from 41 in October, according to the most recent statistics from social media analytics platform Socialbakers.
Socialbakers also found that:
- Likely driven by Black Friday and Cyber Monday, retail overtook retail food as the top industry in terms of Facebook likes, at 217,413,618.
- Walmart remained the top brand on the social network in terms of likes, with 32,223,748.
- Disney continued its reign as top media brand, with 12,392,338 likes.
- For the second consecutive month, Purina Veterinary Exchange led in terms of Facebook post engagement rate, at 42.56 percent, more than double the 20.67 percent figure from second-place Courvoisier USA.
- Verizon Wireless was also a repeat winner, topping Socialbakers’ Socially Devoted list for November with a score of 1,092.