Are you thinking of diving in to Twitter marketing in a big way and buying a Promoted Tweet? Here’s how to get it in front of more eyeballs, elicit more engagement, and ultimately see more conversions from the most popular of Twitter’s advertising products.
Promoted Tweets appear in users’ timelines when they search for a particular term, if those users are following the brand promoting that particular tweet, or if a user is similar to a user who already follows that brand. They appear at the top of the timeline along with an orange arrow and “promoted by…” to indicate that they are Promoted Tweets.
Promoted Tweets can cost up to $100,000 if they are attached to a Promoted Trend, but Twitter is working on bringing the costs down so that they’re accessible to small and medium businesses as well.
Promoted Tweets are great for amplifying the tweets that your brand already sends out. The tweet(s) that you choose to promote are basically displayed to more users by popping up at the top of their timeline when they are online, rather than leaving it up to chance.
If you want to maximize on a Promoted Tweet – either now or when you decide to add them to your marketing plan in the future – there’s a few things you should keep in mind:
- If you’re targeting your current followers, your tweets will be seen by them when they log in. This strategy is great for offering loyalty rewards to current followers, discounts, deals and time-sensitive sales.
- Promoted Tweets are also attached to keywords. Be sure to include relevant keywords related to your industry or product, and more people will see your tweet if they search for those keywords.
- You can use a Promoted Tweet to offer exclusive deals to your Twitter followers – a great way to create brand ambassadors, as they share that special deal with their followers.
- The ability to target not only your followers, but also those who are not following you (but who are similar to your followers) means that your Promoted Tweets can also be used to directly grow your follower base.
- Be sure to track your Promoted Tweet campaign using Twitter’s own analytics. You’ll want to be able to repeat your successes and learn from what didn’t work as well as you had hoped.
Do you have any tips on using Twitter’s Promoted Tweets? Let us know in the comments below.