Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured this photo of Caleb Johnson, winner of season 13 of Fox reality-competition series “American Idol.”
Facebook said its top 10 topics for the week in terms of buzz rankings (Sunday through Wednesday) were:
- Graduation celebrations
- A hologram of Michael Jackson at the Billboard Music Awards
- Godzilla ruled the box office on its opening weekend
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Meryl Davis win ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”
- The San Antonio Spurs lead the Oklahoma City Thunder in the National Basketball Association’s Western Conference Finals
- The Cleveland Cavaliers win the NBA Draft Lottery for the third time in four years
- Aleyda Ortiz is crowned the winner of Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina”
- The debate over teaching cursive handwriting in schools
- Johnson’s “American Idol” victory
- “The Bachelorette” premieres on ABC
Other athletes and celebrities to make the cut this week were:
- Actress and director Brenda Song congratulating her brother on his college graduation.
- A graduation photo from singer Cody Simpson.
- A Godzilla trailer.
- “DWTS” congratulates its winners, Davis and Chmerkovskiy.
- Dancer Mark Ballas congratulates actress and director Candace Cameron Bure on her “DWTS” performance.
- A video and a Facebook question-and-answer session featuring “Nuestra Belleza Latina” winner Ortiz.
- More photos from the “American Idol” finale.
- A video featuring the new album by singer Luis Fonsi.
- A video from Washington Redskins Quarterback Robert Griffin III.
- A video premiere of “Love Someone,” from YES!, the new album from singer Jason Mraz.
- Stephen A. Smith of ESPN offers his take on the two NBA conference finals series.
- A video from The Virgin Group Founder Richard Branson.
- Some T-shirt fun featuring New England Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski, Wide Receiver Julian Edelman, and actor Macaulay Culkin.
- Manchester United and England Forward Wayne Rooney announcing that a lucky fan will win a pair of his cleats in honor of reaching 20 million likes on Facebook.
Readers: Did any of your favorite athletes or celebrities make the cut?