Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured the photo on the homepage of Backstreet Boys wishing Facebook a happy 10th anniversary; as well as the photo above, posted by former President George W. Bush, of Jay Leno holding up the portrait Bush painted in honor of Leno’s last episode as host of “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.”
Facebook said its top 10 topics for the week in terms of buzz rankings (Sunday through Thursday) were:
- Super Bowl XLVIII
- The death of actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman
- Groundhog Day and Punxsutawney Phil
- Bill Nye and Ken Ham debate creationism and evolution
- Facebook’s 10th anniversary
- The proposed boxing match between rapper DMX and George Zimmerman
- Black History Month
- Flappy Bird
- The hashtag #purpleyourprofile for World Cancer Day
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather losing more than $10 million betting on the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII
Other athletes and celebrities to make the cut this week were:
- Team USA snowboarder Shaun White announcing that he would not participate in the slopestyle event at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
- The A Look Back video from comedian Dane Cook.
- Mayweather asking Facebook fans to choose his next opponent.
- A Throwback Thursday photo from David Hasselhoff’s “Knight Rider” days.
- A live Facebook question-and-answer session with “Arrow” star Stephen Amell.
- Author and poet Maya Angelou wishing Facebook a happy 10th anniversary.
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Valuable Player Malcolm Smith sharing a photo from the Seattle Seahawks’ victory parade.
- President Barack Obama shot a video on an iPad during a visit to a Maryland middle school.
- A video posted by comedian Jerry Seinfeld of late-night hosts Leno and David Letterman reminiscing about one another.
- Singer Taio Cruz playing Flappy Bird.
- Actress Susan Sarandon shared a video on Humans of New York.
- TV journalist and host Maria Bartiromo gearing up for her debut on Fox Business Channel.
- Rapper Young Jeezy posing with New York Giants Wide Receiver Victor Cruz.
Readers: Did any of your favorite athletes or celebrities make the cut?