The social network said in a post on its developer blog that Facebook’s integration in iOS 6 is complementary to the new SDK, including native Facebook login and native sheet for posting content to Facebook, and it went on to describe some of the new features:
- Native, ready-to-use user-interface controls: The SDK includes several pre-built UI controls:
- Friend Picker to help applications easily pick friends. Example: Use a friend picker to choose friends to tag in an open graph action.
- Places Picker so apps can easily integrate with Facebook places. Example: Use this picker to let users include a place with their posts.
- Profile picture control so your app can easily show the profile picture of a user, their friends, places, or other kinds of Facebook objects.
- Login controls for easily building login and logout experiences.
Drop these controls into your apps to build fast, native, and consistent experiences for common app features. We have also added support for the new iPhone 5 screen size and resolution.
- Login support across iOS versions: Lets your app work seamlessly on all iOS versions 4.0+ and integrates easily with the native login support in iOS 6.
- Easy session management: Introduces the FBSession application-programming interface that manages, stores, and refreshes user tokens. You can also override default behaviors to build advanced features. It uses the modern Objective-C “block” metaphor to notify your app of login, logout and other session state changes, and it instantly integrates with iOS 6.
- Improved API support: Minimizes the code you need to call Facebook Graph, FQL, and other APIs. It natively supports batched API requests to significantly improve performance for API calls, which translate into faster, better user experiences.
- Ad analytics (beta): Lets you record analytics to give you information about the effectiveness of your ads and understand how people use your app. Learn more (https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2012/08/07/introducing-new-mobile-ads-for-apps/) about the mobile ads product.