Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look.
Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page that the PMD program will be renamed Facebook Marketing Partners.
According to sister site AllFacebook, the PMD program will switch over to Facebook Marketing Partners early 2015. Facebook Marketing Partners will be split into several different categories, which could be a welcome change from the Strategic PMD/regular PMD system.
Here’s more on the announcement, from the blog post:
The Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) program was created to help businesses scale their marketing efforts on Facebook. Today we’re announcing a series of changes to the program that will make it easier for marketers to find the right partners through the program.
Beginning in early 2015, the PMD program will be called Facebook Marketing Partners. In addition to the new name, we’re restructuring the program to make it easier for marketers to find partners based on their specific needs, like scaling their ad campaigns or improving campaign insights.
AllFacebook posted the categories which will reportedly be part of the Facebook Marketing Partners program:
- Ad Technology: Scale and optimize Facebook ad campaigns.
- Media Buying: Find top Facebook media expertise (U.S. only at launch).
- Facebook Exchange (FBX): Extend the reach of your exchange buys to include Facebook Exchange via our partner DSPs (demand-side platforms).
- Community Management: Access advanced technology for managing pages and conversations.
- Content Marketing: Create, curate and serve up content easily.
- Small Business Solutions: Find a range of services and/or technology tailored for small and locally based businesses.
- Audience Onboarding: Bring your internal data and audiences onto Facebook.
- Audience Data Providers: Access external data and put it to use on Facebook.
- Measurement: Gain critical data and insights across your campaigns.
Readers: What do you think about this change?