With the National Basketball Association lockout over and the league prepping for its Christmas Day tipoff, the NBA and some of its marquee players are fast-breaking to Facebook for two events.
Players including Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Amar’e Stoudemire of the New York Knicks, and Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors will participate in a live NBA Town Hall on the league’s Facebook page Thursday at 8 p.m. Eastern Time, moderated by NBA.com insider and NBA TV contributor David Aldridge.
The players will answer questions submitted by Facebook fans.
Earlier that day, at 10 a.m., #BIGNBAXmas will give away more than 150 items to randomly chosen fans, including:
- Christmas day game tickets from American Express;
- NBA Store and NBAStore.com gift cards;
- NBA jerseys, merchandise, and other products;
- 2K Sports’ “NBA 2K12″ and EA Sports’ “NBA Jam: On Fire Edition”
- ESPN The Magazine subscriptions and ESPN Films 30 for 30 gift sets
- Sports Illustrated mounted poster-size NBA covers
The NBA page is nearing 11 million likes on the social network, and the league said that when combining its page with those of teams and players, as well as Twitter followers, its total soars to more than 125 million fans.
Readers, which sports team is your favorite?