The year 2011 was kind to Facebook marketing platforms Buddy Media and Vitrue, as the two companies boasted of record financial results.
Buddy Media touted the following accomplishments for 2011:
- Doubled in size to more than 225 worldwide employees today from just over 100 in January 2011.
- Opened new offices in London, San Francisco, and Singapore.
- Embarked on a move to a new, 65,000-square-foot space in the SoHo district of New York that will complete next month.
- Grew revenue by 2.5 times.
- Increased the total monthly software licensing fees it receives from its top 20 customers by an average of 250 percent, and for all customers by an average of 24 percent, due to the additions of new products and offerings.
- Expanded usage of its social media suite to more than 91 countries.
- Acquired social commerce and analytics company Spinback and integrated its technology.
- Launched a strategic partnership with digital measurement firm comScore.
- Launched ReachBuddy, which gives customers the ability to create social content for any website or blog.
As for Vitrue, the company said it:
- More than doubled revenue compared with 2010, after seeing sales climb 322 percent from 2008 through 2010.
- Expanded its client roster by more than 400 percent during the year, to reach a total of over 500.
- Nearly tripled its employee count to 180, from 66 in January 2011.
- Opened five new offices, in Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, San Francisco, and London.
- Reached the milestone of one billion social relationships on November 22.
- Created more than 410,000 posts via its Social Relationship Manager, or 4.5 times more than the 2010 total.
- Moderated more than one million comments, up 294 percent from the previous year.
- Quadrupled clicks and shares to 118,489,570 and 3.7 million, respectively, for the year.
- Launched technology that enables brands to create mobile-optimized views and tabs.