Facebook users who are still not satisfied with the chat sidebar rolled out by the social network in July may be interested in a new browser extension.
ReFaceChat is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and it offers users the following options:
- Disabling the chat sidebar
- Creating online and offline lists
- Only displaying users who are online
- Groups according to friend lists
- Notification when friends connect to Facebook
- Links to friends’ profiles within the conversations
The chat sidebar was the subject of user venom when it debuted in July, and Facebook tweaked it in August to ensure that users saw friends they interacted with the most, as well as contacts who are currently online.
One of the biggest gripes with the initial rollout was the seemingly random selection of friends that appeared on the sidebar.
Complaints about the chat sidebar seem to have dwindled, but that may be because users are targeting the new timeline profile, instead.
Still, we can’t help but wonder if ReFaceChat missed its mark by a few months.
Readers: Have you adjusted to the Facebook chat sidebar, or do you still hate it?