The 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony aired on CBS Sunday night, and The Wrap used Facebook’s recently introduced keyword insights application-programming interface to determine the five most social moments of the event on the social network.
The top five Facebook moments from Sunday night’s Emmy Awards, according to The Wrap, were:
- AMC drama “Breaking Bad” winning the Emmy for best drama series.
- Jim Parsons winning his third statue for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series in the past four years for his role in CBS comedy “The Big Bang Theory.”
- Former Emmy hosts Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Jane Lynch, and Conan O’Brien joining this year’s host, Neil Patrick Harris, on stage.
- Michael Douglas and Matt Damon introducing Elton John, who performed his new song, “Home Again,” a tribute to Liberace, subject of HBO film Behind the Candelabra.
- Merritt Wever, who won best supporting actress in a comedy series for her role in Showtime’s “Nurse Jackie,” giving perhaps the quickest acceptance speech in Emmy history.
Readers who watched the Emmy Awards: Did you interact on Facebook during the telecast?