Tuesday’s midterm elections generated a total of 184.2 million likes, shares and comments from July 10 through Nov. 3, from 28 million U.S. Facebook users, Facebook data analyst Dustin Cable wrote in a Facebook Media blog post.
According to Cable, the 10 candidates who drew the most buzz on Facebook during that time period were:
- Rick Scott, incumbent governor of Florida, Republican, winner
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), House Minority Leader, winner
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), winner
- Scott Walker, incumbent governor of Wisconsin, Republican, winner
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Senate Minority Leader, winner
- Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), winner
- Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio), Speaker of the House, winner
- Charlie Crist, former governor of Florida, Democrat, loser
- Greg Abbott, Texas attorney general and governor-elect, Republican, winner
- Mary Burke, candidate for governor of Wisconsin, Democrat, loser
Readers: Did you interact on Facebook during Tuesday’s Election Day coverage?
Election collage image courtesy of Shutterstock.