The top social moment of the match, won 2-1 by FC Barcelona, was the final whistle, and the most conversation came from the U.S. The two players who generated the most buzz were Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid and Leo Messi of FC Barcelona.
Facebook also debuted its global people-per-minute visualization (embedded below), providing a look at which points during the match generated the most buzz.
The top social moments during Sunday’s clash were:
- The match ends with 2-1 win for FC Barcelona.
- The first goal for Real Madrid by Ronaldo.
- The first goal for FC Barcelona by Jérémy Mathieu.
- The first half of the match ends.
- The second goal for FC Barcelona by Luis Suárez.
The 10 countries with the most conversation about the match were:
And the most-discussed players were:
- Overall: Ronaldo
- FC Barcelona: Messi
- Real Madrid: Ronaldo
- Spain: Messi
- Italy: Messi
- U.K.: Ronaldo
- France: Ronaldo
Soccer fans: Did you watch the latest El Clasico?