These days more and more brands are hopping on the video marketing bandwagon, and a new infographic from BuboBox reveals five reasons why these brands are doing the right thing. With video marketing, BuboBox purports, “people get more engaged, spend more time on your site consuming product information and eventually conversion rate will increase.”
The infographic, called ‘Inside Video Marketing: Social Proof By The Numbers // Part 2’ (Part 1 was released earlier this month), focuses on five points that stress why video marketing is important:
- Users are more engaged with content shared by friends, and videos are heavily shared
- Consumers that watch a video are more likely to purchase an offering than they are if no video is present
- Over 81% of users turn to word-of-mouth when making product decisions and video provides more earned, word-of-mouth attention
- Social video campaigns are booming – they generated 2.7 billion views in 2010, up from 820 million in 2009
- Video empowers viewers to share – if the content is good, they feel compelled to share it
Check out the full infographic below to find out more and let us know what you think! Is you brand using online video as part of your marketing strategy yet?
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video expert here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.