Banyan Branch compared the respective companies’ IPO opening values, total 2011 revenues, performances after their IPOs opened (obviously excluding Facebook), monthly active users, online IPO buzz, and the salaries of their chief executive officers.
Monthly active users were expressed in a creative way, comparing the totals with the populations of geographic regions. The companies finished as follows:
- Google, 1 billion, as big as Africa
- Facebook, 800 million (actually, more than 900 million), bigger than Europe
- Zynga, 240 million, bigger than Brazil
- LinkedIn, 112 million, as big as Mexico
- Yelp, 71 million, bigger than France
- Groupon, 33 million, as big as the Australian continent