What’s going on Down Under? The Facebook page with the most likes in Australia this month belongs to Tourism Australia, while politics is the top industry in terms of engagement on the social network, and TV shows are the category that draws the most likes, according to a data analysis by Online Circle Digital for Social Pulse.
Social Pulse also broke out the top pages by industry:
- Airlines, travel, and tourism: Tourism Australia
- Alcohol (beer, wine, and cider): [yellow tail]
- Alcohol (spirits): Wild Turkey Australia
- Automakers: Holden
- Banks and financial institutions: Commonwealth Bank
- Department and online stores: Black Milk Clothing
- Education: University of New South Wales
- Electronics: JB Hi-Fi
- Fast-moving consumer goods, beverages: Coca-Cola Australia
- FMCG, snack foods: Bubble O’ Bill Ice Creams
- Government: Queensland Police Service
- Health and beauty: Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body
- Insurance: AAMI
- Musicians and bands: Justice Crew
- News and magazines: Frankie
- Pets: RSCPA Australia
- Politics: Tony Abbott
- Quick-serve restaurants: Domino’s Pizza — Australia
- Radio: Hamish & Andy
- Retail, fashion: Bonds
- Retail, grocery: Coles
- Sporting clubs: Queensland Maroons
- Telecommunications: Telstra 24×7
- TV, channels and networks: Channel [V] Australia
- TV shows: Bananas in Pyjamas
Online Circle Digital also found that telecommunications had the highest average response rate to customer-service questions, at 97.5 percent, and the quickest average response time, at three minutes.
Australian readers: Any surprises?
Australian flag thumbs-up image courtesy of Shutterstock.