The top Facebook page in Australia for the year 2013, in terms of both engagement and likes, was Tourism Australia, while the media dominated when broken down by industry, with radio topping the engagement chart and TV shows leading in likes, according to a data analysis by Online Circle Digital for Social Pulse.
The industry with the most growth in likes in Australia this past year was airlines, travel, and tourism, according to Social Pulse.
Social Pulse also broke out the top pages by industry:
- Airlines, travel, and tourism: Tourism Australia
- Alcohol (beer, wine, and cider): [yellow tail]
- Alcohol (spirits): Wild Turkey Australia
- Automakers: Holden
- Banks and financial institutions: Commonwealth Bank
- Department and online stores: Black Milk Clothing
- Education: University of New South Wales
- Electronics: JB Hi-Fi
- Fast-moving consumer goods, beverages: Coca-Cola Australia
- FMCG, snack foods: Bubble O’ Bill Ice Creams
- Government: Queensland Police Service
- Health and beauty: Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation
- Insurance: AAMI
- Metropolitan newspapers: Daily Telegraph
- Musicians and bands: Justice Crew
- News and magazines: Frankie
- Pets: RSPCA Australia
- Politics: Tony Abbott
- Quick-serve restaurants: Domino’s Pizza — Australia
- Radio: Hamish & Andy
- Retail, fashion: Bonds
- Retail, grocery: Coles
- Sporting clubs: Queensland Maroons
- Telecommunications: Telstra 24×7
- TV, channels and networks: Channel [V] Australia
- TV shows: “Bananas in Pyjamas“
Australian readers: Any surprises?
Australian flag thumbs-up image courtesy of Shutterstock.