The Instagram account for American Express will be taken over starting Sunday (Nov. 9), but it’s not a hostile takeover: “Six talented photographers, entrepreneurs and tastemakers,” as the company put it, will bring their talents to @AmericanExpress for a two-week period.
American Express said in an email to AllFacebook that this campaign marked the first time card members will share personal images on its Instagram account, and it provided the following descriptions of the six guests:
- Ann Kim: Los Angeles-based graphic designer and blogger. Recognized for her chic minimal style, Ann was recently named Refinery29’s “Next Big Style Blogger.”
- Oleema and Kalani Miller: Sisters and owners of Mikoh, an ultra-chic swimwear brand based in California. The duo is respected for their female-forward brand.
- Patrick Janelle: Graphic designer, foodie, party planner and prolific photographer. Patrick was named the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s first-ever “Fashion Instagrammer of the Year” in 2014.
- Christina Tosi: World-class chef, owner of Momofuku Milk Bar and the mastermind behind Cereal Milk, the bakery’s most sought after flavor.
- Timo Weiland: Designer and co-founder of fashion label Timo Weiland and winner of the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation. He also pursues his passion as a DJ.
- Coltrane Curtis: Partner at Team Epiphany and full-time daddy. Coltrane shows us how important (and cool) it is to put family first while running an award-winning marketing company.
Readers: Will you see what these six guest curators post on the American Express Instagram account this month?