Photo courtesy of Amazon
I debated whether or not to say anything about the Kindle DX since it has already had a huge amount of coverage today. But, I decided I had to say something about it… right? In any case, I think Engadget’s live blog coverage of the events with lots of good photos was great. So, pop a second browser tab open to read their recap found here…
Here’s my take on the Amazon DX…
– Great looking device!
– Want one. But at $489? Pass (for now – I also passed on the 1st iPod)
– Auto-rotating screen – great
– PDF reader – awesome
– Charge via USB – nice
– Annotation & highlighting – nice
– Subsidy for some newspaper subscribers: Wonder how much the discount is?
– How in the world do you safely carry and protect that relatively gigantic 9.7-inch diagonal e-ink screen? I especially wonder how many college students will have damaged screens before the end of the semester (tri-mester)?
Too bad the DX didn’t come in at $350 with the Kindle 2 repriced down to $200.