The measure of how influential you are on the web used to be measured by how many fans or followers you had. Today it’s measured by Klout—the standard for online influence on a scale of 1 to 100 by Klout.com that factors in elements such as how many people you influence and how much of an impact you make on your fans and followers. Don’t know much about Klout? A new infographic from KISS Metrics is a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how online influence is measured and how to increase your Klout.
‘Got Klout?’ covers everything from the vital stats about Klout the company to how Klout is measured, the benefits of Klout and more. Did you know that over 50 variables are used to determine your Klout score? But one of the most useful sections of the infographic is about ‘How To Increase Your Klout.’ KISS Metrics provides five useful tips:
1. Create Content Worth Sharing – Before posting content, think about whether people will want to share it. The more often your content is retweeted and shared, the higher your Klout score gets.
2. Start A Discussion – Engaging with others online helps build your Klout. Ask questions and engage others in discussion to get more people communicating with you.
3. Connect With Other Networks – You can connect a variety of networks to Klout including Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and more.
4. Build a Niche Community – By creating a niche community you can get more retweets and drive conversation by establishing yourself as an expert.
5. Engage With Influencers – Earn more Klout by engaging with influencers (i.e. other people with a lot of Klout).
Check out the full infographic below for more and let us know what you think. Are you signed up for Klout or do you plan to anytime soon?
++ Click Image to Enlarge ++
Source: Got Klout? Measure and Increase your Brand’s Online Influence
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.