Food Network and Cooking Channel have completely changed how consumers talk about, learn about and share their feelings about food and cooking. They’ve elevated food to a national passion and opened up a whole new world of self-expression that enriches viewers’ lives on a daily basis. Audiences don’t just watch the Scripps Networks Food brands, they live them. On air, online, in print, in stores, and on the go. Why? Because they trust the authority and expertise of Scripps Networks’ food “ambassadors”—its stars. Smart, creative, fun, informative, inspirational and family friendly, Food Network and Cooking Channel each showcase a roster of talent whose culinary skills and popularity with their fans can help drive results for advertisers.
It’s a success story that comes from knowing who they are and remaining true to their identities as networks that boast the environment of a vertical brand with the reach of an entertainment brand.
Food Network: Chopped All Stars; Halloween Wars; Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cookoff; Thanksgiving Live
Cooking Channel: 50 Sandwiches; Bitchin’ Halloween; Cooking Channel All Star Holiday; Deen Brothers Thanksgiving
New Programming: Bobby Flay’s Opening Night, Chopped: Grill Masters, Invention Hunters, Mystery Diners, Restaurant Stakeout.
Returning Hits: Chopped, Cupcake Wars, Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Extreme Chef, Food Network Star, The Great Food Truck Race, Iron Chef America, Next Iron Chef: Redemption, Restaurant Impossible, Sweet Genius, Worst Cooks in America.
New Programming: The Culinary Adventures of Baron Ambrosia, Eden Eats, Man
Fire Food, My Grandmother’s Ravioli.
Returning Hits: Nadia G’s Bitchin’ Kitchen, Easy Chinese, Extra Virgin, From the Kitchens Of, Hook, Line & Dinner, Kelsey’s Essentials, Not My Mama’s Meals.
Audience & Reach
- 1Q12 was Food Network’s highest rated, most watched quarter in its history. (Nielsen)
- Food Network continues as a Top 10 network in all cable with Adults & Women 25-54 and Women 18-49. (Nielsen)
- Food.com has shared over 450,000 recipes with over 7 million monthly uniques. (Nielsen NPower, comScore, 2011 monthly average)
- 1Q12 was the most-watched quarter in Cooking Channel history. (Nielsen)
- Cooking Channel has the highest media income among all entertainment networks. (Nielsen)
- Food Network Magazine is the #1 bestselling culinary magazine on American news stands.
SVP, Ad Sales
Food Network & Cooking Channel
VP, Ad Sales