NAVTEQ Media Solutions worked with Universal Studios to develop a cost-effective way to build awareness of its release “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” and drive consumers to theaters to see the film. To achieve their objectives, Universal Studios leveraged NAVTEQ’s LocationPoint advertising network to offer an interactive experience to consumers.
From the mobile landing page consumers were able to:
• Click for movie listing
• Click to route to closest theater
• Click to purchase tickets
• CTR 250% higher than industry norm
• 32% who clicked routed to theater
• 29% who clicked viewed theater on map
• 5% who clicked purchased tickets
Armed with an unmatched understanding of location, NAVTEQ Media Solutions is leading the formation of a new era in mobile advertising. Our NAVTEQ LocationPoint advertising network offers the ability to know where consumers are and inspire them to take advantage of nearby products and services. Location targeting provides contextual relevance that transforms basic mobile advertising into a useful and welcomed service for consumers, and a strong ROI driver for advertisers.
Location-targeted ads out-perform untargeted ads.
1. 72% of those who have opted in for location-based advertising view this type of messaging positively*
2. Location-targeted ads garner a CTR 3-5 times higher than untargeted ads**
3. Up to 40% of those who click go on to navigate to the merchant’s location**
* Placecast: ShopAlerts Pilot Studies, February 2010 ** NAVTEQ trial data