Sometimes, if you take a step back and look at a movie's plot in the cold light of day, it just doesn't quite tell the story it was intended to tell. And I've never seen a more comprehensive list of these unintentional interpretations than at the PostmodernBarney blog, where they've compiled dozens of "uncomfortable plot summaries. " Many are vulgar and probably not safe to read out loud at work, but here are a few PG favorites:
• Star Wars: Religious extremist terrorists destroy government installation, killing thousands.
• Superman Returns: Illegal immigrant is deadbeat dad.
• Aliens: An unplanned pregnancy leads to complications.
• Terminator: An unplanned pregnancy leads to complications.
• The Matrix: Hacker is given perfect justification for mass slaughter.
• Twilight: Girl gives up college for stalker.
Via @dabitch .
—Posted by David Griner