Droga5 in New York nabbed the Grand Prix in Outdoor at Cannes on Tuesday for its playful, ingenious and grand out-of-home campaign for Jay-Z's autobiography, Decoded.
The campaign was a scavenger hunt. The agency hid all 320 pages of the book (mostly blown-up versions) in outdoor spots in 13 cities, in locations that related in some way to the text on each page—at the bottom of a pool in Miami, on cheeseburger wrappers in New York, on clothing racks, in subways, on rooftops, on traditional billboards, in the lining of a leather jacket, on the felt of a pool table, etc. The people who found the pages first, and checked them in on a Bing-sponsored website, got a chance at two tickets to any and all Jay-Z concerts for life.
More images, and a full list of all the Gold Lion winners in Outdoor, after the jump.
The Gold Lion winners in Outdoor are:
• Dentsu Tokyo for (separately) Toshiba and the Kyushu Railway
• JWT Shanghai for Samsonite
• Y&R Dubai for Harvey Nichols
• BBH London for Google
• Leo Burnett Moscow for Lego
• Fuel Lisbon for Amnesty International
• Lowe-SSP3 in Bogota for Colombia's Ministry of Defense
• Y&R Thailand for LG Electronics
• Ogilvy Argentina for Coca-Cola
• SS+K New York for Honest Tea
• JWT New York for Human Rights Watch
• Saatchi & Saatchi London for T-Mobile
• Mother New York for Target
• Cheil Worldwide in Seoul for Tesco
More images from Droga5's Decoded campaign: