Facebook paid a staggering $19 billion for WhatsApp. While it trails Facebook as a messaging app in the United States, WhatsApp dwarfs Facebook in terms of monthly active users. Below, a look at WhatsApp usership around the world and a snapshot of users' demographics.
Infographic: Carlos Monteiro
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle’s CEO
- The Voice Inks Three-Season Sponsorship With Nissan
- Are These YouTube Stars Coming to a Movie Theater Near You?
- Apple-U2 Duet Causes a 41% Drop in Social Sentiment
- Quaker Oats Man Gets a Milk Mustache
- Facebook Will Get 10% of U.S. Digital Ad Spending in 2014
- Susan Glasser Named Editor of Politico
- YouTube Network for Women Raises $12 Million
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- See How Droga5 Actually Made the Insanely Intricate Sets for Moto's New Ads
- How Jack Daniel's Searched All Over the Country for the Best Bar Stories
- Old Spice's Man-Robot Sits Down with Drew Brees, and It's Awkwardly Amusing
- Awesome Beer Cans Show the Pantone Color of the Brew That's Inside
- This Dog's Road Trip Stretching Routine Might Be the Best Reason to Buy a Citroen
- Stunning PSA Shifts Time to Undo the Killing on a Syrian School Playground
- As Scotland Counts Votes, Groundskeeper Willie Offers Himself Up as the Nation's Leader