At a time when the still-nascent social marketing niche is still in search of leaders, the Social Media Advertising Consortium (SMAC) today is doubling in size with the addition of 10 new members.
Among them are Sabrina Calouri, HBO’s vp of social media and performance marketing, who said that the growing number of social platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr makes best-practice sharing increasingly important.
“In the last quarter or so, newer platforms have hit critical mass,” she said. “You are going to see more activity on those platforms from HBO. We are now thinking about many platforms, rather than focusing on one or two.”
Another new SMAC member is Karen Spiegel, an svp and managing director for R/GA. “It’s an interesting group of people from agencies, brand—some are clients—and other industry players," she said. "The organization is on the smaller side. So you really have an opportunity to hear what they are doing, hear about their challenges and hear about the ideas they are testing out. There’s so much unknown today in terms of where things are going.”
Here's a list of SMAC's other new members:
· Alan Osetek, president of Resolution Media, an Omnicom Media Group Company
· Rikard Steiber, global marketing director, mobile and social advertising, Google/Google+
· Karen Robinovitz, cofounder, Digital Brand Architects
· Avi Savar, founder, Big Fuel
· Joe Burton, president, SocialChorus
· Reggie Bradford, CEO, Vitrue
· Mike Edelhart, CEO, Pivotcon
· Sharon Feder, COO, Mashable