Imagine great Black Friday deals, without the midnight lines, the potential for trampling and zero chance of getting in fights with Walmart patrons and employees. It’s Cyber Monday, which is increasingly becoming a marketing tentpole, with deals galore on e-commerce sites, Twitter, Facebook and every other shopping platform on the Web. But Cyber Monday comes on the heels of Black Friday, which itself is starting to get a whole lot more cyber in nature, as more shoppers bring their smartphones and tablets along the way to the register. Here are trends, notable deals, ad blitzes and other oddities worth bookmarking this Cyber Monday.
Gallery: Adweek's Cyber Monday Review
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Shonda Rhimes Addresses Being Mischaracterized as an 'Angry Black Woman'
- Lenovo Not Afraid to Make Fun of Itself in Native Content
- Joan Rivers Touts iPhone 6 From Beyond the Grave
- Whisky Makers Applaud Scots' Vote Against Independence
- See Which Brands Are Talking Like Pirates on Twitter Today
- Home Depot's Breach of 56 Million Credit Cards Is Even Bigger Than Target's
- In-Image Ads Can Now Be Programmatic, Too
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle’s CEO
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- Guinness Takes You Inside Its Storied Dublin Brewery in Almost Mystical New Ad
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Sept. 12-19
- On the Day of Its IPO, Here's What Americans Think Alibaba Is [Video]
- Stunning PSA Shifts Time to Undo the Killing on a Syrian School Playground
- Meet the Man Who Unlocked the Secrets of Mobile Marketing
- And the Year's Hottest TV Show Is...
- The CW's New Shows, From Best to ... Second Best