CANNES, France—Ogilvy won its second Grand Prix of the 2014 Cannes Lions festival here tonight, as its Johannesburg office topped the Radio contest with some amusingly faux-epic spots for Lucozade Energy Drinks.
Most energy-drink ads are epic productions about young people doing crazy things—skateboarding, skydiving, snowboarding. Ogilvy figured it would be funny to keep the epic tone but focus on everyday people who could use more energy in exceedingly average moments—while having a conference call with a client; while taking your kid to a birthday party or an Enrique Iglesias concert.
Earlier this week, OgilvyOne in the U.K. won the Direct Grand Prix for its British Airways billboards.
Check out the spots here:
U.S. agencies won three silver Lions and three bronze Lions in the contest. The full list of U.S. winners is here:
• Grey New York - Bushes, Magic, Screensaver - DirecTV - Production Company: Vision Post New York - Silver Lion Campaign
• Grey New York - Toys - States United to Prevent Gun Violence - Production Company: Vision Post New York - Silver Lion
• Y&R New York - Gun Music: Lullaby - Newtown Action Committee - Production Company: Tonefarmer New York - Silver Lion and Bronze Lion
• Havas Worldwide New York - Best Dressed - Dos Equis - Production Company: Outside Edit + Design New York - Bronze Lion
• Latinworks Austin - Money - Cine Las Americas - Production Company: Personal Music Miami - Bronze Lion