Who Charlie Tombras (l.), president, CEO; Dooley Tombras, evp
What Full-service agency
Where Knoxville, Tenn.
The second- and third-generation family members to run The Tombras Group, an independent in Knoxville, Tenn., Charlie Jr. and his son Dooley have formed a regional sports powerhouse of sorts. Though the agency serves plenty of nonsports clients, including the national Drive Sober effort, regional McDonald’s work and Farm Bureau Insurance, almost all of them buy sports media. A master white water canoer himself, Dooley helped mash up two clients into one upcoming event: University of Tennessee’s football team will play a game on Sept. 10, 2016 at Bristol Motor Speedway, a 160,000-seat Nascar track, creating the biggest live audience for a college football contest ever. With all this sports know-how, no wonder the shop picked up ESPN’s events business last spring.
Sports Runs as a Theme for Almost All of This Agency’s RosterEvents are even being created by mashing up clients
- Digital Project Manager GLOW Digital Agency New York
- Newsroom Administrator/Payments Clerk American Media 10004, New York City
- Partnership Manager, TV Acxiom New York City, New York
- Citybuzz Preditor VIDICOM New York City, New York (US)
- Sr. Acquisitions Editor Brilliance Audio New York City, New York (US)