CANNES, France—A remarkable Soundcloud campaign from Grey Germany, marking the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, picked up the Radio Grand Prix here tonight on an impressive night for the WPP network.
Soundcloud's Berlin headquarters are situated where a portion of the wall once stood. So, Grey embarked on an "acoustic reconstruction" of the wall through Soundcloud itself:
The agency created a seven-and-a-half-minute sound file that was designed in such a way that the wavelengths of the different sections created a visual image of the wall itself, including its watchtowers.
Check out more in the video below.
Six U.S. campaigns won Lions, led by Popclik work from Bravo/Y&R, which won gold and silver. The rest of the U.S. winners all won bronze Lions.
It was a good night for Grey, which also picked up the Grand Prix in Design, bringing its Grand Prix total at this festival to four.
—U.S. Radio Winners
• Bravo/Y&R Miami for Popclik (gold, silver)
• DDB Chicago for Mars (bronze)
• Havas Worldwide New York for Dos Equis (bronze)
• Wieden + Kennedy Portland for Old Spice (bronze)
• VML Kansas City / Ketchum New York for Wendy's (bronze)
• Twofifteenmccann San Francisco's Pandora Thumbmoments (bronze)