Two Grand CLIOs were awarded Wednesday at the latest edition of the prestigious competition that recognizes excellence in advertising, design and communications worldwide.
TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris in South Africa won a Grand CLIO in the Poster category for its "Trillion Dollar Campaign" backing The Zimbabwean newspaper. (This marks the second big prize for that effort, following the campaign's best-of-show performance last week at the Art Directors Club.)
The other Grand CLIO on Wednesday was awarded in the TV/Cinema/Digital bracket to Australian shop Publicis Mojo for its "Pure Waters" commercial for James Boag's Draught.
Last night's festivities were held at the Skylight Soho in New York, hosted by actor John Michael Higgins. The awards presentations and conference continue today.
CLIO Grand and Gold winners tonight were:
• School of Visual Arts, New York, Student, "Crane" for Caterpillar.
• TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, Johannesburg, "The Trillion Dollar Campaign" for the Zimbabwean newspaper.
• Y&R South Africa, Johannesburg, Collateral, "Toy Soldiers" for Unicef.
• AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, Apparel/Fashion/Footwear, "Havaianas Nest" campaign for Havaianas - Sao Paulo Alpargatas.
• AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, Media, "Bono Vox" / "Amy Winehouse" / "Eminem" / "Marilyn Manson" campaign for Billboard.
• AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, Corporate/Institutional, "How Far Does Your Creativity Go?" campaign for EPA.
• CLM BBDO, Boulogne-Billancourt, Pet/Petcare, "Couples" campaign for Frolic.
• DDB Brasil, Sao Paulo, Travel/Tourism, "Routine" campaign for Terra Travel.
• DDB Brasil, Sao Paulo, Travel/Tourism, "City/Country" for Terra Travel.
• Prolam Y&R, Santiago, Pet/Petcare, "Hand" for Nutribalance.
• Prolam Y&R, Santiago, Cosmetics/Beauty, "Damn" for Colgate Max Fresh.
• Saatchi & Saatchi, Sydney, Public Service, "Kill a Kid, Kill a Family: The Smith Family" for Pedestrian Council of Australia.
• Scholz & Friends, Berlin, Media, "Jeans" / "Expressionism" / "X-ray" / "Condom" campaign for Augsburger Allgemeine daily newspaper.
• School of Visual Arts, New York, Student, "Euthanasia" for AdoptAPet.com.
• Taproot India, Mumbai, Business Equipment/Services, "Colours of India" campaign for Conqueror Paper India.
• Vitruvio Leo Burnett, Madrid, Leisure, "Octopus" for Alien 30th anniversary.
• Y&R, New York, Entertainment, "The Wonderful World of VH1" campaign for VH1.
• TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, Johannesburg, "The Trillion Dollar Campaign" for The Zimbabwean newspaper (Grand CLIO).
• AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, Corporate/Institutional, "Panamericana Panel School of Art" for EPA.
• DeVito/Verdi, New York, Entertainment, "Puppies" / "Dance Club" / "Oktoberfest" campaign for National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
• Net#workBBDO, Johannesburg, Travel/Tourism, "Moira" / "Neville" / "Barry" campaign for Virgin Atlantic Airlines - Upper Class.
Continue to next page →