Who Emmett Shine (l.), founder; Dan Kenger, digital creative director
What Digital creative agency
Where New York offices
Freelance designer Emmett Shine founded Gin Lane Media so a client would take his requests for payment more seriously. He named the impromptu company after a boulevard in his hometown on Long Island, N.Y., adding “Media” to sound more important. He got paid, and a startup was born. Now, his 25-person team—all under 27 years old—creates and installs interactive retail bells and whistles for the likes of J.Crew, Michael Kors and Sweetgreen. “Unless your website is synchronized with in-store, it’s going to run into problems in the near future,” he said. Given the digitization of department stores, you can probably take his words to the bank.
Photo: Laura Barisonzi
Gin Lane Media Brings Interactive Experiences to RetailJ.Crew, Michael Kors and Sweetgreen
- Audience Development Analyst WNET New York Public Media 10019, New York City
- SEO/Editorial Freelancer New Hope Media LLC New York City, New York
- Account Director Happy Medium Working from home
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York