There's expensive marketing, creative marketing, and then there's Comic-Con, where brands shoot the works on pricey stunts from free food to set recreations to lavish parties. (Ubisoft has a boat for its Assassin's Creed franchise that fired cannons over the water outside the San Diego Convention Center yesterday, briefly resulting in worries that a bomb had gone off.) So, here are the five best gimmicks we've seen so far—gags that go beyond inflatables and exclusive footage. Some simply go for size—like Cartoon Network's several-stories-tall Teen Titans, pictured above—but some are truly inventive.
The Five Best Brand Activations We've Seen at Comic-ConA bouncy castle, sharksplosion and more
- News Editor Opposing Views Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant Vice President of Communications & Public Relations The University of Maryland, Baltimore County(UMBC) Baltimore, MD
- Academic Account Manager Springer Science + Business Media New York, NY
- Staff Writer, TheWeek.com TheWeek.com New York, NY
- Publicity Assistant, Doubleday Penguin Random House U.S.A. New York, NY