There's expensive marketing, creative marketing, and then there's Comic-Con, where brands shoot the works on pricey stunts from free food to set recreations to lavish parties. (Ubisoft has a boat for its Assassin's Creed franchise that fired cannons over the water outside the San Diego Convention Center yesterday, briefly resulting in worries that a bomb had gone off.) So, here are the five best gimmicks we've seen so far—gags that go beyond inflatables and exclusive footage. Some simply go for size—like Cartoon Network's several-stories-tall Teen Titans, pictured above—but some are truly inventive.
The Five Best Brand Activations We've Seen at Comic-ConA bouncy castle, sharksplosion and more
- Marketing Manager Defense Strategies Institute Hoboken, NJ
- Digital Marketing Manager - Display/Media RevZilla.com Philadelphia, PA
- Business Development Director New Honor Society Chicago, IL
- Experiential Media Sales Rain-Maker Gloss Media New York, NY
- Product/Market Editor The Architect's Newspaper, LLC New York, NY