There's expensive marketing, creative marketing, and then there's Comic-Con, where brands shoot the works on pricey stunts from free food to set recreations to lavish parties. (Ubisoft has a boat for its Assassin's Creed franchise that fired cannons over the water outside the San Diego Convention Center yesterday, briefly resulting in worries that a bomb had gone off.) So, here are the five best gimmicks we've seen so far—gags that go beyond inflatables and exclusive footage. Some simply go for size—like Cartoon Network's several-stories-tall Teen Titans, pictured above—but some are truly inventive.
The Five Best Brand Activations We've Seen at Comic-ConA bouncy castle, sharksplosion and more
- Digital Project Manager GLOW Digital Agency New York
- Newsroom Administrator/Payments Clerk American Media 10004, New York City
- Partnership Manager, TV Acxiom New York City, New York
- Citybuzz Preditor VIDICOM New York City, New York (US)
- Sr. Acquisitions Editor Brilliance Audio New York City, New York (US)