There's expensive marketing, creative marketing, and then there's Comic-Con, where brands shoot the works on pricey stunts from free food to set recreations to lavish parties. (Ubisoft has a boat for its Assassin's Creed franchise that fired cannons over the water outside the San Diego Convention Center yesterday, briefly resulting in worries that a bomb had gone off.) So, here are the five best gimmicks we've seen so far—gags that go beyond inflatables and exclusive footage. Some simply go for size—like Cartoon Network's several-stories-tall Teen Titans, pictured above—but some are truly inventive.
The Five Best Brand Activations We've Seen at Comic-ConA bouncy castle, sharksplosion and more
- Digital Program Manager Twin Cities PBS Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Account Executive-Multi Platform Sales Macfadden Communications Group New York City
- Public Communications Coordinator City of Chesapeake Chesapeake, Virginia
- Public Relations Beauty Account Executive DeVries Global 10022, New York City
- Social Media Manager Pipedrive New York City, New York (US)