Buoyed by strong sales of its e-readers and expansion of its free-shipping service, Amazon topped the list of best-perceived brands of 2013, as measured by YouGov's BrandIndex. Rounding out the top 5 were Ford, Subway, History Channel and Lowe's. Last year also was a good one for financial institutions, which began to earn consumers' forgiveness for their role in the economic meltdown: Four of the five best-improved brands in 2013 were banks.
Infographic: Carlos Monteiro
Amazon.com, Inc. is a customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The company offers unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon's developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business.
If you'd like more detailed company information - including direct personnel contacts, agency-advertiser relationships and media spend breakdown, visit REDBOOKS.com
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Rewriting Frozen's Ending
- Supreme Court Weighs Whether Aereo Is Simply Circumventing Copyright Law
- Pitney Bowes Names DigitasLBi Its Digital Agency
- 6 Buzziest Pro- and Anti-Obamacare Marketing Moments
- Popular Mechanics Taps Esquire Alum as New Editor in Chief
- Businessweek Art Director Richard Turley Leaves for MTV
- Lawmakers Pressure Advertising Community to Stop Ad-Supported Rogue Sites
- MediaMath Adds Several Ad Exchanges
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- Ad of the Day: Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- How Real Women Would Actually Respond to a Dove 'Experiment'
- Ad of the Day: Axe Helps a Guy Get the Girl He's Chased for All of Human History
- Inside BBDO's Harmonious New Brand Campaign for AT&T
- Cartoon Characters Go Bald to Sweetly Show Kids With Cancer They're Not Alone
- Fashion Ads Become Freakish and Haunting After Artist's Acid Wash
- NYPD's Feel-Good Twitter Attempt Goes Awry