Buoyed by strong sales of its e-readers and expansion of its free-shipping service, Amazon topped the list of best-perceived brands of 2013, as measured by YouGov's BrandIndex. Rounding out the top 5 were Ford, Subway, History Channel and Lowe's. Last year also was a good one for financial institutions, which began to earn consumers' forgiveness for their role in the economic meltdown: Four of the five best-improved brands in 2013 were banks.
Infographic: Carlos Monteiro
Amazon.com, Inc. is a customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The company offers unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon's developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business.
If you'd like more detailed company information - including direct personnel contacts, agency-advertiser relationships and media spend breakdown, visit REDBOOKS.com
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Dems Find Fault With Draft to Reauthorize Satellite Bill
- Bazinga! CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory Through 2016-17
- Agency's Speakeasy Aligns With SXSW's 'Dark Austin'
- Samsung Steals the Show With Demo of New Galaxy S5
- Yahoo CMO Kathy Savitt Talks SXSW, Music and Strategy
- Anne Sweeney Is Leaving Disney
- A Lesson in Real-Time Marketing From SXSW
- 7 Ways Television Marketing Is Big at SXSW
- Each Model for Betabrand's New Spring Collection Has a Ph.D.
- And Here's the First Branded Parody of That Super-Viral 'First Kiss' Ad
- Cringey-Cute Clothing Ad With Strangers Kissing Has 7 Million Views in One Day
- Duracell Bus Shelter in Montreal Heats Up When Everyone Holds Hands
- BBDO Wins Big Pitch for Wells Fargo
- Ad of the Day: Man Battles Machine in World's Most Important Game of Ping-Pong
- 5 Things We Learned at SXSW
- A Look at Kids' Exposure to Ads