In this week's battle of the brands, four spots—for Guinness, Sony, Apple and Duracell—seek to strum an inspired chord within us. But a fourth, for the horror film Devil's Due, leans on our innate desire for schadenfreude with its frightening prank.
Which was the best? Vote below. And if your favorite isn't here, tell us in the comments.
UPDATE: Congrats to Duracell, which absoutely crushed a strong field of contenders.
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- YouTubers Are Crazy for Cheesy Brazilian Videos
- Twitter Revenues Surge as It Surpasses 270 Million Monthly Users
- Boys & Girls Clubs Ad Evokes Fear Through Implied Danger
- The Chairman of the FCC Is Annoyed With Time Warner Cable
- With a Redesigned Website, The New Yorker Hires an Ad Agency
- How Are Social Networks Evolving? Join Us for #AdweekChat to Weigh In With Experts
- Mountain Dew Gets 3,500 Phone Calls From Click-to-Call Tweet
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Poster Upsets Fans With 9/11 Imagery
- Ad of the Day: Jude Law Dances for Johnnie Walker Blue in Jake Scott's Short Film
- We Asked Agencies to Share Their Oddest Decorations, and They Did Not Disappoint
- Agency Tries to Make an Ad That's All but Unskippable as YouTube Preroll
- Advertisers Are Struggling to Keep Up as Spending Shifts to Mobile
- Adman Writes His Own Hilarious Obituary, and It Goes Viral
- Indian Ad With Female Boss Sparks an Uproar: Is It Super Feminist or Super Sexist?
- These 5 Dynamic Duos Are Nailing Digital Marketing
- Bad Idea: Baby Brand Hands Out Candy in Realistic Pill Bottles at BlogHer