CANNES, France—Thirteen campaigns worldwide, including six from the U.S., won gold Lions in Film Craft here tonight. But the Film Craft jury declined to award a Grand Prix in the category.
"There were several pieces in contention, but we felt it would be unfair to lean in any one direction," jury president Brian Carmody, co-founder of Smuggler, said of the decision not to award a Grand Prix.
The Film Craft Lions honor the quality and aesthetic of the filmmaking process. The U.S. winners were led by Interlude in New York, which won two golds for its interactive "Like a Rolling Stone" video advertising a career-spanning box set for Bob Dylan.
The other U.S. golds went to:
• Wieden + Kennedy in Portland, Ore., and Park Pictures in New York for Procter & Gamble's "Pick Them Back Up"
• BBDO New York for Bud Light's "Ian/Up for Whatever"
• Anomaly New York for Dick's Sporting Goods' "Focus and Explode"
• CAA Marketing in Los Angeles for Chipotle's "The Scarecrow"
• SS+K and O Positive Films, both in New York, for HBO Go's "Awkward Family Viewing" campaign
The non-U.S. gold Lion winners were:
• Blink Productions London/Wieden + Kennedy London - Production Co.: Blink Productions London - Cook's Range - Lurpak - 2 gold Lions
• Clemenger BBDO Wellington - Production Co.: Curious Film Auckland - Blazed - New Zealand Transport Agency - 2 gold Lions
• Dimension San Sebastian - Production Co.: Debolex San Sebastian/Irusoin San Sebastian - EITB-Better With Music Obama, EITB Better With Music Mourinho - EITB - gold Lion Campaign
• Forsman & Bodenfors Gothenburg - Production Co.: Folke Stockholm - The Epic Split - Volvo Trucks - gold Lion
• Mcgarrybowen London - Production Co.: Gorgeous London/The Mill London - Honda Illusions - Honda - gold Lion
• Wave Studios London/Wieden + Kennedy London - Production Co.: Blink Productions London - Adventure Awaits - Arla Foods - gold Lion
• MPC London/Sid Lee Paris - Production Co.: Stink London - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Defy - Ubisoft - gold Lion